Monday, December 8, 2008

A sappy little bunch of this and that!

I've noticed that it's been a little while since my last post. I love having my new iphone, but I do a lot of checkin, and not a lot of posting because I never use my computer anymore! Well things have been the usual hustle and bustle around here. Christmas shopping is done, other than those few last minute things, thank goodness. Now bring on all the Christmas programs, dance performances, Christmas parties, and all that! It's a great time of year. I just finished Christmas cards and I find myself wondering why??? But I love getting them then I remember why.



Vie had a dance performance this weekend at the Festival of Trees and she did her first solo! She was terrified before she went on, but she was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! It was such a proud moment for me. I loved seeing her put aside her fears and get out there and be perfect! Right before she performed she said, "Mom, there are a lot of people here and I have a lot of butterflies in my stomach!" She is such an incredible girl! I am so lucky to have her as my daughter.








So now we wait for the big day! Our advent calendars are in effect (all 4 of them!!! don't ask!) The kids are so excited. I love being in my warm cozy home, full of Christmas decorations, good smells, and holiday music filling the air. I love bundling up and going to the live nativity in my town and having my kids say "Is that really baby Jesus?". I love snuggling with my adorable baby by our fire as snowflakes fall gently outside. These are a few of my favorite things. I hope you are all having a few of these beautiful moments that make this time of year absolutely wonderful!

One last little thing. Did I mention that I absloutely adore my husband! Well, I do! He is seriously the light of my life and I love him to death!!! Thanks for being so wonderful babe!

6 comments:

The Prices said...

I miss you.

Rachel H said...

Awwww, lori, that's super cute! Vie is looking so grown up! Yay for dancing too! That is so great!

Jana said...

Cute post Lori. I want to watch V dance next time she has a performance. I really wanted to go on Sat., but I had the Mom visit thing going.

Patti said...

great post Lor. yours are always worth the wait.

Wyatt and Tara said...

Wyatt was so sad to miss the nativity this year! Thanks for sharing the pictures. We are coming next week, should be there on the 20th and we'll stay for a couple weeks. See you soon!

Joan and Brys Blog said...

Lori, Love your posts! I can't believe how grown up V looks! what a doll! you guys have such a fantastic family!
Love you all!
Auntie Joan